Who is your "Insperashin?"

A LOVE when I receive drawings that a student did at home. I have a special location at each school where those masterpieces are hung. My rule is something made in class HAS to go home, but a picture made at home for me is hung up.  I have to thank Annie for this wonderful artwork that she gave me back in May. I brought it home and will probably keep it forever.  It warms my heart to know I have inspired her and of course love, love the Seabrain part.  
It makes me think, who is your inspiration?  Who do you inspire.  I had a co worker tell me the other day that a student had shared kind words about me. I wondered what lesson I did that they liked or did I tell one of my funny stories about my crazy kids or life?  Guess what? It was because I opened the door for them one morning with a smile when their hands were full...Wow! you're kidding? This opened my eyes to how important we are to our students.  How the little things really do matter most.  I am making an even bigger effort to teach in the moment. To try even harder to know all 1,170 students by name (If you see my mouth moving silently in the morning, I'm saying their names as they pass my door)
So ask yourself, WHO IS YOUR INSPIRATION?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twitter

Plaster Plaques An oldie but a goodie

Lines with Kinders