Picasso Dogs and other animals





Arts and Scraps strikes again. I bought these teardrop shaped rubber odd things a few years ago at Arts and Scraps.  I asked the students what they looked like and I got answers like, a teardrop, a balloon, a pear and mostly a head. So we decided to use them as a starting point for our Picasso dogs and other animals.  I find this starting point REALLY helps students draw larger and relieves the big white paper syndrome.  All of our students last year studied Picasso and three grade levels did portraits. It was exciting to see how they remembered so much of his style.

This is only a sample from one school but I really love how they are turning out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twitter

Plaster Plaques An oldie but a goodie

Lines with Kinders