Organized Chaos: I am an art TEACHER

Thank you so much Ms. Novak for writing an article that speaks so well for what so many of us, art educators are experiencing now.  It's hard enough to educate the general public and parents on the importance of the arts. But lately I've been blown away by what my general ed teachers are saying about the arts and their ignorance has left me stunned!  I keep telling myself it's the fear of cuts and a general fear of the state in education in our state that makes someone say something like, "Reading and Math are MORE important." UGH...The arts ARE important too!

Check out this article, I couldn't have said it better!

Organized Chaos: I am an art TEACHER

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twitter

Plaster Plaques An oldie but a goodie

Lines with Kinders