Cool Hands, Warm Heart





I have seen this lesson on so many sites so I have no idea where the credit goes for first invention, so thanks to many.  I started this lesson with Kindergarten and realized how tracing our hands is tough. So I did something I rarely do and had first grade do the same lesson. I guess in 21st century terms we'll call it assessment.  I review tracing skills by reminding them to have their pencil pointing towards the ceiling to avoid martian hands. Then we discuss cool colors and decorate our hands with those colors and aim for patterns. The next week we talk about warm colors and create our hearts, cut them out and add to paper. This lesson covers about half a dozen skill points and they love them...so do I

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twitter

Plaster Plaques An oldie but a goodie

Lines with Kinders