i Paint, Fifth Grade



This is the lesson that I probably receive the most feedback from others in the building. And it's always "How did they do that?"  Based on Apple's ipod campaign several years ago using silhouettes.  I show the students several ipod examples and then they work on an idea or pose using a paintbrush in their hand. I then take a picture and print them cheaply using gray scale or fax copy.  I show them examples of graphite paper or good old fashioned carbon paper (I do share how that's what was used before copy machines were made...GASP)  The students then trace around their body picture onto color paper and use a fine detail brush to fill in their bodies.  I got this lesson from an old issue of Arts and Activities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twitter

Plaster Plaques An oldie but a goodie

Lines with Kinders