Texture and Shapes, First Grade


This is usually a project I do with First Grade in October but I just came across the pictures and think it is one of those magic moments for young students.  I have a stack of texture plates that I got from either Nasco or Dick Blick.  The students place the texture plate under their paper and rub with crayons. For the students that have never done a "Rubbing" it is a true magic moment.  I wish I had the time to take them outside and find texture on concrete, bricks or trees.  The next class I use plastic bottles, corks, and plastic type lid to stamp colors.  I asked the staff to save laundry tops, they work great with the plastic lip for young students to hold on to. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twitter

Plaster Plaques An oldie but a goodie

Lines with Kinders