Every year I do an Egyptian project with the fourth grade. I try to time it so it happens right before their trip to the DIA where they see the sarcophagus. I've done full body sarcophagus, but with only 30 minute classes, they take forever. Last year we did just the heads but since my computer crashed last May I lost those pictures but you can see them if you search under fourth grade. A favorite was the hot dog containers I picked up at GFC. The students decorated the outside and then made a clay mummy for the inside. This year I tried the foil technique. At NSE we wrapped our glued paper with foil after we put a piece of cardboard on the back, then wiped the front with black paint. I wasn't very happy with this result so after some investigating I found I should have used four layers of foil. But I have over 260 4th graders and someone would have to melt a car for all that aluminum. So I had PKE and CE use permanent markers instead. Next year I have my eye on the canopic jars.